STATE OF THE ART LENS TECHNOLOGY
We feature a quality selection of fashionable eyeglasses and premium lenses. Serving North York and Greater Toronto Area for more than 10 years. Our office is conveniently located at Empress Walk, 5095 Yonge Street, Unit B6, North York, Ontario, M2N 6Z4, so it’s easy to stop by and benefit from our exceptional vision products.
Our optical staff looks forward to helping you select the best eyewear for your vision prescription, lifestyle requirements, and unique fashion taste! Eyeglasses need to give you sharp vision and a flattering look for your face.
All patients, new and returning, are treated with patience and no pressure to reach a hasty decision. Superior customer service is our goal, and we want you to be thrilled with your eyewear and your experience in our North York office!
ZEISS Lenses Are Tailor-Made To Meet All Individual Requirements
In today’s world, more and more people choose a different way of life and they tend to look for more suitable products - usually tailor-made solutions.
ZEISS Lenses deliver best natural vision in any situation.
- Visual needs are linked to the wearer’s lifestyle
- No two people are the same – individuals have different anatomy whilst their style and visual preferences are closely linked to their way of life.
- Lenses that suit both to the wearer’s physiology and their main daily activities
Advances in eyeglass lenses
You have many options when choosing the lenses for your eyeglasses. Among the most popular types of lenses and lens options prescribed today are:
- Aspheric lenses, which have a slimmer, more attractive profile than other lenses. They also eliminate that magnified, “bug-eye” look caused by some prescriptions.
- High index lenses, which are made of new materials that enable the lenses to be noticeably thinner and lighter than regular plastic lenses.
- Polycarbonate lenses are thinner, lighter and up to 10 times more impact-resistant than regular plastic lenses. These lenses are great for safety glasses, children’s eyewear, and for anyone who wants lightweight, durable lenses.
- Photochromic lenses are sun-sensitive lenses that quickly darken in bright conditions, and quickly return to a clear state in ordinary indoor lighting.
- Polarized lenses diminish glare from flat, reflective surfaces (like water) and also reduce eye fatigue.
- Anti-reflective coatings are among the most popular add-ons for lenses. They can dramatically improve the look and comfort of your glasses by minimizing the amount of light that reflects off the surface of your lenses, which also has the added benefit of reducing glare and thus easing eye fatigue.
- Trivex lenses are made of a clear, lightweight lens material, which means excellent all-day wearing comfort.
- Digital lenses are manufactured using precise laser technology which results in six times more clear than standard ones.
- Blue coat lenses also referred to as blue light lenses, filter the harmful portion of blue light, allowing only the good portion to pass through.
- Other lens coatings include scratch-resistant, ultraviolet treatment, and mirror coatings.
Eyeglass lenses for presbyopia
Presbyopia is the normal, age-related loss of near focusing ability that makes reading and other close-up tasks more difficult after age 40.
This means that the usual type of eyeglass lenses you've likely been accustomed to wearing, known as single vision lenses, no longer will work well for you.
Multifocal eyeglass lenses available for presbyopia correction include:
- Bifocals: Lenses with two powers – one for distance and one for near – separated by a visible line.
- Trifocals: Lenses with three powers for seeing at varying distances – near, intermediate and far – separated by two visible lines.
- Progressive lenses: These lenses have many advantages over bifocals and trifocals because they allow the wearer to focus at many different distances, not just two or three. Because they have no lines, progressive lenses allow a smooth, comfortable transition from one distance to another.
- HD lenses are designed to provide clearer vision in various conditions and reduced glare for nighttime driving.
- Digital HD Progressive lenses are fully customized lenses that allow for better, wider fields of view, and clearer vision.
If you see well in the distance without the need for eyeglasses, simple reading glasses with single vision lenses may be all you need to deal with near vision problems caused by presbyopia.
Where Passion Meets The Eye
Driven by passion for innovation and development, Hoya Vision is constantly moving boundaries. By use of extensive research and cutting-edge technology we provide tailored optimized experiences – both for the eye care professional and the spectacle wearer.
A Unique Premium Product Range
The Hoya Vision product range is the result of years of dedication to innovation and cutting-edge technology.
Cutting-edge Technology For Perfect Fit
Our dedication to innovation together with the advanced tools we place at your disposal, make it possible for you to achieve perfectly fitting eyeglass lenses and frames for each individual customer, every time – easily, quickly and conveniently to both you and your customer.
North York, ON M2N 6Z4
- Monday: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Tuesday: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Wednesday: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Thursday: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Friday: 10:30 AM - 6:30 PM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Sunday: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM